Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Semana Cuatro

It has been a crazy week! I have been so busy with homework and activities/trips I've taken with my class. It's been exhausting, but totally worth it! The rest of last week consisted of homework, homework, and more homework. And a little sleep, too. Haha :) With 2 online classes and 4 three-hour classes here in Peru, I am always busy doing something. On Friday, we took a trip as a class to Centro de Lima and visited La Iglesia de San Francisco. It was so beautiful! Unfortunately we couldn't take any pictures on our tour inside, but we managed to take a few in front of the beautiful architecture before we left. I also took a few pictures of other cool buildings we saw. It was VERY hot outside and most of us got pretty sunburned no matter how much sunscreen we put on. :(





When we arrived back home around 7 on Friday night, I finished some last minute homework and went to bed early to prepare for our trip to Matucana at 7:30am on Saturday. This trip was by far my favorite thing I've experienced in Peru the whole month I've been here. It was a very hard climb, as I am not in shape whatsoever, but the waterfall at the top of the mountain made it all worthwhile. Once again, it was very sunny and warm outside, so most of us got sunburned pretty bad again. We had a blast climbing up the mountain, through a "rock forest", and walking through the freezing cold stream of the waterfall. It was definitely a day that I will never forget. How many times do you get to say that you climbed a mountain to a waterfall in South America? Now I can officially say that I have and it is a memory I will cherish forever. We also got to meet the mayor who represents quite a few districts around Matucana. She gave each of us a book that talks about the history and culture of Matucana, so that was pretty awesome too! 








It looks like the rest of this week with consist of more homework and catching up on some sleep. Still trying to recover from the long hike this weekend too. It's been nice keeping myself busy because homesickness is definitely starting to kick in. Also, it doesn't help that EVERYONE has a dog here in Lima. And for those who don't have one, there are plenty of strays. Makes me miss my puppies like crazy! Also starting to miss my mommy and daddy like a little baby. (maybe my sister...only a little) ;) and of course my boy and all of my friends back home. The only disadvantage of having such a wonderful support system of friends and family...having to miss them all so much when I'm gone this long! Hoping this homesickness will start to wear-off after a while. 

Anywho, I better get ready to head to the university for my Advanced Grammar class. Thanks for checking in on me! ¡Chau!

No comments:

Post a Comment